Here are a few clearly defined steps that can ensure your business success and attract your ideal clients to you, giving you the benefit of increased traffic and revenue. Check them out …
1. Start Smart. Identify a niche. Don’t compete to be the lowest cost provider. Look for what makes your product or service unique and adds a special value for the client and charge for that value.
2. Plan Ahead. People often ask me why bother with a business plan? Can’t I just have a marketing plan? Look at the lottery as an example. You may get lucky and get the winning ticket, but the odds are against you when you rely on random chance. I’m a risk taker…but not that much. Minimize the risk of going into business and maximize your potential for success. Take the time to write a plan of how you get from point A to point B that includes your marketing strategy. A plan gives you a clear future focus and increases your chances of success. You can even stay connected here at the B.I.Z. Info Zone!
3. Set up Systems. The most basic system every business should have is a good financial system.
4. Seek out Sales. The daunting question is how do you go about seeking out your first sale. Become a visible part of your market, and then ask for the sale. You begin the sales process with people that you know.
5. Aim for Growth. The basic tenant of creating a company is that you own the company. You are not just creating a job for yourself. It’s less risk and less investment to get a job. Building a business is creating a company that is more than the job itself. Think about the future. It’s important to make a deliberate choice early about how you want to grow your company.
6. Leverage Opportunities. Good luck. Good fortune. Good timing. All play a part in business. As a business owner, be very clear about your core focus for the business and how it serves clients. Your core business is what pays the bills. Always consider if a good opportunity is the right fit for your business.
This is sound advice for any entrepreneur, new in business of if you’ve been in business for years.
Read the entire write-up in my new 6 Steps to Small Business Success eBook.
To Your P3 Life and Biz – Passion | Purpose | Profitability
V. Lynn “The Money Girl” Hawkins
Transformational Biz Mentor | Biz Strategy Development Muse
Skyhawk Biz Coaching and Consulting